This is post #22 from the 30 Day Personal Finance Challenge: Boost Your Financial Health with a Daily Tip!
Find your heroes
Today’s tip is really, really simple: Surround yourself with people you admire! People who are turning you on. People who you believe in and who trigger you. This energy is so powerful that it will lift you up and get you to your goals quicker than anything else.
If you don’t have such people around you, make it your first goal to find them. Look at your past, dig into your childhood memories. You surely have someone you admire.
Learn from your heroes
Once you identify your heroes, watch them closely, learn from them. In difficult situations, the right heroes will take you through it. They will take you a long, long way.
One of my heroes is Warren Buffet. I have been consuming relentlessly his interviews and books. I have been examining closely his lifestyle, his ideas and how he sees the world. Here is what recently struck me: HE LOVES what he does. He wouldn’t be doing anything else. It just happens that what he does is extremely profitable.
When you go to work, go to work for an organization you admire, people you admire because it will turn you on. You gotta be happy where you are working. – Warren Buffet
My favourite quotes
- Go right into what you enjoy. You find your passion. And you will be successful at it.
- I hire for integrity, intelligence, and energy.
- Understand what the economics of the business will be 10 years from now.
- I read and read and read. I probably read 5 to 6 hours a day.
- Defining your circle of competence is the most important aspect of investing.
- I don’t like meetings. I don’t have things packed hour after hour.
- Get out of cash and get into assets. Because we don’t know what will happen to the dollar.
Here are some more lessons to learn from Warren Buffet: